Sharing recipes of fast and tasty food is a favorite of mine. I enjoy hearing how people have modified the recipes to suit their family's tastes, how much they loved it and requests for different types of recipes! There is just something special about a satisfied customer that I love! Here is the first post in the Recipe of the Week series. I plan to post a new (hopefully tested by me!) recipe each Saturday. If you have requests you can post them in the comments. It might be better if you email them to me at email@example.com. This recipe is also a "New Consultant Recipe" which means it can be made with only the products in the New Consultant Kit.
Three-Cheese Garden Pizza
Garden-fresh vegetables and a trio of cheeses make this pizza a winner. You can serve it as an appetizer or a lighter main dish at around $2 per serving!*
1 pkg (13.8 oz) refrigerated pizza crust
1 tbsp plus 1 tsp vegetable oil, divided
2 garlic cloves, pressed
4 oz cheddar cheese, grated
4 oz mozzarella cheese, grated
1 oz Parmesan cheese, grated
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 small onion
2 plum tomatoes
1 medium zucchini
1 cup mushrooms
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly brush 1 tsp of the oil over Large Bar Pan using Chef’s Silicone Basting Brush. Unroll dough onto bottom of pan, gently stretching and pressing dough to cover bottom. Place remaining oil in (1-cup) Prep Bowl. Press garlic into oil using Garlic Press; brush evenly over dough. Bake crust 7 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, grate cheddar and mozzarella cheeses using Ultimate Mandoline fitted with grating blade; place in Classic Batter Bowl. Grate Parmesan cheese over batter bowl using Microplane® Adjustable Grater. Add Italian seasoning using Adjustable Measuring Spoon; toss lightly using Small Mix ‘N Scraper® and set aside. Using Ultimate Mandoline, slice onion and tomatoes using v-shaped blade; slice zucchini using crinkle cut blade. Thinly slice mushrooms using Utility Knife.
3. Remove pan from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack. Sprinkle half of the cheese mixture evenly over crust; layer evenly with onion, zucchini, tomatoes and mushrooms. Sprinkle with remaining cheese mixture. Bake 15–18 minutes or until crust is golden brown; remove from oven to cooling rack. Cut into squares using Pizza Cutter. Serve using Mini-Serving Spatula.
Yield: 6 main dish servings or 12 appetizer servings
U.S. Nutrients per serving (1 main dish serving): Calories 350, Total Fat 15 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Carbohydrate 36 g, Protein 17 g, Sodium 810 mg, Fiber 2 g
• Brushing the bar pan with about 1 tsp vegetable oil will produce a crisp, evenly browned crust.
• For best results, layer vegetables over the pizza in the order as directed in Step
• Prebaking the pizza crust will help keep it from getting soggy when topped with vegetables that have a high water content.
• Sprinkling some of the cheese on the crust before topping the pizza provides a barrier between the crust and the moist toppings.
• Italian Seasoning Mix can be substituted for the Italian seasoning, if desired.
*Prices based on main dish serving size. Prices are estimated and vary regionally.
Around $2 per serving!*