Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Gluten Free with Our House


Husband has tossed around a gluten free diet as a possible way to help with his health issues. He has an autoimmune condition which causes inflammation of some of his joints. Gluten sensitivity or intolerance has apparently been linked with inflammation, so it seemed like a good idea. Unfortunately most gluten free products I have found just don't work well for our taste buds.

Then I found Our House Gluten free mixes through one of the review sites I use. I applied for the product review but was not approved because I did not live in their target states. I sent them an email offering to test the mixes in the future should they want to expand into Idaho grocery stores. It's amazing what an email can do! They decided to send me the All Purpose Baking Mix and the Cookie Mix anyway! And for free!
Unfortunately for them this was when I first started out with product reviews, so I was not very organized. It has taken me so much longer than it should, but I'm finally able to put together this #ProductReview.

While I have not had the chance to use the Cookie Mix, I have tried the All Purpose Baking Mix. According to their website the All Purpose Baking Mix is made from: Rice flour, long grain brown rice flour, sorghum flour, baking powder (sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium bicarbonate, monocalcium phosphate), tapioca starch, xanthan gum.
It can be used for any application calling for bisquick or a similar baking mix. I made the copy cat version of a seafood restaurant's cheddar biscuits, which look very similar to the image on the front of the box. The Baking Mix worked perfectly and I could not taste any difference. I was not fast enough to take any photos, but I will make sure to take some of the cookies I plan to make this weekend.

Ultimately I'm extremely impressed with the company and very happy with the products. I highly suggest Our House and their gluten free mixes.

No comments:

Post a Comment